Sunday, December 4, 2011

Homemade Snow Ornaments

I ran into a little problem this year when I was looking for white snowy ornaments ... everyone was out! So I decided I should make some. I have seen the tutorials on epson salt ornaments and making your own glitter ornaments, but it wasn't really the look I was going for.  I wanted something simple, but I wanted my tree to be a snow theme with a modern twist.  So I decided to fill glass balls with artificial snow!
First, I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some cheap clear ornaments, fake snow, ribbon, and glitter.
Then I came home, took off the top, made a little funnel with wax paper since I couldn't find one in my apartment, and poured the snow into the ornament.
 Last I added two heaping teaspoons of white glitter, put the lid back on, tied a red ribbon around the top, and it was ready for the tree!

5 comments:

  1. The tree looks so awesome. I was just enjoying sitting and admiring the tree last night when I got home. Thanks for making our home look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, i love how simple things can just add such a cute effect to the tree! Tracy, i'm glad you enjoyed it last night. I love how our house feels right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments are really cute. They look so easy to make too. All of your decorating (and cooking) is just wonderful! Luv you tons!

    ReplyDelete