Friday, May 6, 2011

Paris in the Springtime



Spring time in Paris was truly enchanting, I recall walking the city streets filled with the scent of fresh flowers from the local floral shops, parks were covered in new blooms, and the scent of spring was in the air. I remember the prominent scent of fresh bread filling my lungs as we ran past the many patisserie on our way to the metro to join the hustle and bustle of the lively city, trying to avoid the down pour of spring rain that was sure to stop at any moment, but at the time had drowned us completely.  

At night, we would stroll through the city streets when its a bit calmer on the Champs Elysees, the scent of the fresh rain still lingering in the air watching the mystical city lights unfold all around us as dusk slowly faded away and the city accepted the night fall.  Off in the distance, the Eifel tower lights start to twinkle and the chorus of Champs Elysees ran through my head: "On the Champs-Elysees whether the sun is shining, it's raining, it's midday or midnight.  Everything can happen to you on the Champs-Elysees."



So you can imagine my joy when I saw this beautiful black and white Paris table set and thought, its a must have!  The color scheme is meant to capture the excitement of Paris in the Springtime, with the bright fun yellows popping against the black and white.  

The backdrop is to mimic the beautiful topiaries often found in window boxes or out front of the shops or Hotels, and the fairy lights draped across the screen are to mimic the fairy lights draped all over the city of Paris. 


This whole inspiration was based on a little cafe table that one might sit at, at night looking around the city of Paris.  Of course, you cant have a Paris table with out local delicacies from a French Patisserie, so I went to Elaines French Bakery, we used them for my sisters wedding, and there the closest thing I can find to  a traditional French Patiserie in Utah.  





Then to finish off the spread, we had to have an incredible French drink, and what says it better then Oragina!  Ok, I know most of you are thinking wine, but alas, I dont drink so I went with a local favorite that back in the day you could only get in Europe.  Now you can find them at Pirate O's, Trader Joes, 
World Mart and other import stores.



Stay tuned for Paris In a Cup Tea House, My survival guide to Paris, and some Pictures I took throughout the years!





3 comments:

  1. Ummm, did you get that Orangina in Utah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this post! Love the table setting. Love the screen. Love the Paris and oragina pictures...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous~ now I want to go back!!!

    ReplyDelete