Sunday, December 16, 2012

City Sidewalks Busy Sidewalks, New York City 2012

One of my favorite traditions of the Christmas seasons is the annual girls trip that we take with my Mom, Sister and I.  This year however, we got to bring my darling 11 month old niece.  Our first night, my Mom and Sister went to a musical while I got to babysit this little munchkin.  
 The next morning, we went decided to take her to Macys to meet the REAL Santa Clause.  When you arrive you stand in a really long line, and watch the Miracle on 34th Street windows.
 Here is another window, there are five, but ill save the rest for when you get the chance.
 Here is the line next to the train...
 A picture of the train, and then when you walk inside the train cards, it gently rocks with the sound of a train. It's really cute.

When you get off the train, you enter the North Pole.  Where there is the talking tree, and animated snowmen, penguins, and elves.
 There are also Elves that interact with you while you are waiting in line. Lyla loved it!
 She BELIEVES!!! No fear for this little one when she first met Santa.  She was amazing, and so was her Mommy!
 Trees and ice skating in New York City, look at the beautiful decorations on the live tree.
 Crumbs bakery, a must stop when we go.  They always make our favorite cupcakes.  White Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Swirl, and Red Velvet.
 Store windows and the snowflake hanging in the middle of the city.
 Little miss was a trooper and it had been a long day, shuffling through the crowds and city all cozzied up in her sleeping bag.
 Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, and ice skating below with other shops and there lights.
 Anyone who knows me, knows I have a slight Anthropologie obsession. So here are some of the darling store windows across from Rockefeller Center.


 Alices Tea Cup is a must stop for us every time!

 I may have a love for cupcakes but my little sister has a love for Pies!!! So her friends told her to check out this darling little shop and get a pie.  For a non pie lover, the LITTLE PIE SHOP, sure knows how to make some incredible pies!

 Time Square where we were staying.
 Saks 5th Ave Store Windows. The theme was snow.  Sorry for the lousy pictures kinda hard to get.
 Of course we had to go to a few Musicals. This is one of the plays we went to that my sisters friend Nikki was in.  She did an amazing job! We also wen to Newsies and Peter and the Star Catcher.
 We decided to skip Normals this year and try out Max Brenner Chocolate Bar.  It was good, but it doesn't hold a candle to Normas!
 My sister got the BLTA with waffle fries.
 My Mother got the Breakfast burrito with a chipotle salad.
 I was naughty and got the waffles with strawberry sauce and white chocolate.
 This was a church we saw on our walk to SOHO.
 View from our window at the Marriott.
My little sister and I saying goodbye to Time Square!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love your post!! Such fun memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I feel like I've been on vacation :). Thanks for the fun trip! I loved girls weekend, too! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete