Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Dinner

 Happy Valentines Day!  Each year for Valentines Day my friends and I have a girls night with lots of good food, amazing desserts, and chick flicks!  This year, since we all had plans on Valentines Day, (Lady Antebellum concert, sadly, no hot dates for us.)  We decided to have our dinner a little early.  My wonderful, roommate and friend, Tracy loves the Paris theme in her kitchen, so we went with a moden Paris Valentines theme and kept the food French.  
'
This is the combined decor for the home.  I did the table with some of the stuff I had from last year.  My roommate Tracy did the cute vase with the pictures of all of us, and our two adopted roommates. She made cute champagne glass lamps, and we trailed some extra hearts along the table where we placed all our food.  We put the sign up as LOVE, because thats really what Valentines day is all about, letting all the people you love and care about know that your thinking about them.  Then I placed some of my red and pink pillows with candles and hearts all over the home.

For the food, Tracy made Chicken Cordon Blue.  Tina made rice pilaf with almonds.  Tara made a wonderful light salad with a light vinaigrette.  Vicki made Strawberry Daiquiris.  I bought at Harmons a white chocolate pecan bread that they make on Thursdays and I made a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake with a chocolate crust. I will post the recipe later this week for that.
If you want to check out last years Valentines Day Dinner here is the link to that.  It was homemade

2 comments:

  1. You girls did a fabulous job. Happy V Day to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the food. I love our roommate dinners. I love you. Thanks for everything that you do. Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete