Monday, December 19, 2011

Burlap and Toy Blocks Christmas

This was a new house that I was able to decorate this year, and I was so excited to do it.  This is the owners downstairs tree for the kids.  I absolutely loved it!  She had burlap ribbon from Pottery Barn, vintage signs, tin stars and candy canes, winter berries, and the cuttest garlands I have ever seen.  One had red and green buttons, which I adored, and the other one was with ABC blocks.  She made it years ago when she saw it in a store.  It would have taken hours, but the result was amazing!  I just loved the darling idea.  This is the tree her kids have grown up with their wholes lives.  They also add their own homemade ornaments on it, but sadly they weren't on when I took the picture.  I just got it to this point.  But I had to make sure I shared this tree, because it had such cute ideas! The coloring is weird because of the time of day that I took the pictures and it was down in the basement so I apologize.
I used extra burlap ribbon and a vintage wood lollypop to adorn the armoire.  
 This is the owners formal tree.  I just loved the look of it.  The inspiration was red, with glittery silver sprays, beautiful brass bells with snowflakes, berries, plaid and red ribbon, mercury glass ornaments, and a gorgeous vintage star to adorn the top of the tree from Pottery Barn.
The mantel had a simple lit garland, with silver and red glittery sprays and beautiful red bell sprays hanging down from both sides and the middle.
 Simple words like Noel bring in the spirit of Christmas with a plain lit garland in the main room. Garland adorned the bottom of the stair case with ribbon that matches the tree, laying on the bottom of the stair case for a elegant look.

No comments:

Post a Comment