Sunday, July 7, 2013

Baked Alaska

 Once upon a time, on a family European cruise we had Baked Alaska.  So one night last week, as I was strolling through Pinterest on another sleepless night I found a recipe for it.  So I decided what better dessert to make for the Fourth of July as well.  I wanted it to recreate the firework theme, but aslo a fun and easy way to do for a party.  So I did it with the same Funfetti cake mix, and used Take The Cake Ice cream to represent the colors of the fireworks.  Someday, I will do the original recipe that you can find here.  However, this was incredibly easy.
To make this, I followed the instructions on Bon Appetit, but instead of making the cake from scratch, i just baked a layer of cake in a sheet pan for 20 minutes @ 350 degrees and then followed all of the steps.  Everyone loved it and its always a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment