Monday, January 30, 2012

Just Too Sweet Baby Bottles and Burlap Tutorials

Baby Bottle Wands perfect arrangement for a baby shower.  Fill the vase with candy of your color scheme and then add the bottle wands.  They are simple to make and darling as ever!
Start with a plastic baby bottle and a hot glue gun.  Press the hot glue gun to the bottom of the baby bottle and let it melt the plastic to create a hole.
 Now that you have the hole take a wooden dowl and push it a inch deep into the hole.
 Glue the base of it so that it sits tightly inside the hole on its own.
 Take some tuille and punch it up on the bottom of the bottle.  Use glue to hold it in place.  I put little glue globs on the bottom and then pushed the ribbon into them.
Add another layer to give it more depth.
 Next take some of your favorite ribbon that matches your color scheme to decorate the base with.
Make a bow with the ribbon and hot glue it onto the base,  I cut a half of yard of each and cut the excess off.
To make the jeweled bottel top, I used sticky jewels and just stuck them onto the baby bottle. You may need some extra glue for this, but I did not.  Just see how it goes at first so you get a smoother surface.
Do it in whatever pattern you want, I added a litlle pink jewel every third one to add a cute little flair to it.
 For the glitter inside the bottle i mixed some larger flakes of clear glitter with some super fine pink glitter.  I poured just enough to cover the wooden dowl.
 To finish it off, I cut some burlap in a circle and bunched it up and then hot glued it to the bow, adding some character and pulling in the burlap to everything.
 Here is a picture of the yellow bottle and the pink, going with the color scheme of the party.

 For this bottle after I put the bow on I made a book print fan and glued it on with some jewels.


These are all the things we made for the party with burlap, including bottles, candy jars, and table runner.

HOW TO CUT BURLAP
 There is a great trick to cutting burlap to make sure you get it in a perfect line.  First make a little snip in the fabric.
 Next, take one string and pull it out a little...
 After you have the string, work it through the fabric so you can l pull it out.
 Work it through the fabric until you pull the string completely out of the fabric.
 When your done u will have a line like this.
 Now cut across the burlap to get your perfect cut.
 For the table runner we just cut the burlap to the length and width of the table, then added a cute ribbon on the ends and my sister sewed it on for me.  If your curious about the table cloth, its a throw blanket from IKEA for $20.00.  Its meant for a bed, but it makes a darling table cloth!
Final picture of all the finished products! Good luck making everything, if you have any questions please feel free to comment and I can answer any of them if something doesn't make sense. 

If you want to view the Just Too Sweet Party click HERE!

6 comments:

  1. Love your tutorial . Everything is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am in love with all of it! What a fabulous idea. That would be cute for a centerpiece for Mother's Day too. You are just amazing. I love the burlap and the throw. I have seen it at IKEA but didn't see it in that color. I actually bought one - but I paid double at Thanksgiving Point! Dumb me!

    You just keep coming up with such fun ideas. This one is just super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. certainly like your website but you have to check the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very troublesome to tell the reality then again I'll certainly come again again.
    1999-2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE HEATER A/C BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR OEM

    ReplyDelete
  4. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation however I in finding this topic to be actually something that I feel I'd never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely wide for me. I'm taking a look ahead in your subsequent publish, I'll attempt to get the hold of it!
    Bogs Women's Classic Mid Tuscany Rain Boot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments, and sorry about the spelling errors. I'll try not to post them too late from now on, so that I have some time to look over them again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having a hard time finding plain plastic baby bottles. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete